Visa is the most important document necessary when a person is traveling abroad. This is the document which grants permission to enter the particular country. And Vietnam is one of those countries where visa rules are stringent. Whatever the reason for travel maybe, for business or traveling or to visit family a valid visa is required. Generally there are two major ways of getting a visa – the traditional way of applying and getting Vietnam visa from UK before going to the country and secondly the e-visa or visa on arrival visa.
Vietnamese visa types
There are several ways a visa can be applied.
- Visa on arrival – this is the type of visa that is applied at the Vietnam airport after the person lands in Vietnam. This is generally for travelers on sight-seeing purposes. These people should engage a travel agent who will get the approval letter before the travel and the visa is issued on arrival in Vietnam. This type of visa can be availed by 163 countries around the world. There are a few countries that will not be able to opt for this due to exceptions and will have to get a visa prior to boarding a flight.
- Business visa – this type of Visa Vietnam UK is issued for businessmen travelling for official reasons. The validity of this visa is considered depending on the dates applied on the application. The final validity is at the discretion of the embassy. The travel must happen within these days. If a person stays beyond the exit date without applying for extension then it is considered illegal.
- Traveler’s visa – this is for the sole purpose of visiting a country for sightseeing. The difference between this and the visa on arrival is that this is obtained before the person sets foot in Vietnam. This can be either applied online or at the embassy and this is easiest form of visa that can be obtained to any country in general. For this visa there are not much restrictions if your criminal record is clear and have a good conduct overall.
- eVisa – eVisa’s are electronic in nature and opposite of the traditional paper format. The whole process is done online by the traveler. This is legal as it is issued by the embassy itself. The same process when gone through a travel agent is called visa online which is nothing but the same. It is just that the whole process is taken care of by the agent and the traveler will just have to submit the required documents.
- Embassy visa – the most primitive type of visa format and the only option to get a visa when the other options are ruled out. This is the traditional way of applying everything in hardcopies at the Vietnamese embassy in the home country. This takes the longest duration and the process sometimes is confusing and tedious. But this is a sure shot way of knowing where the application or documents went wrong if the visa gets rejected.